Friday, September 11, 2009

Camping!

After the park and Disneyland we went down to San Clemente campground where we stayed for four days (thank you Joe and Cindy!). Needless to say, Jack and Grace were exhausted, Monday night, from such a busy day. Jack managed to see a bit of the campfire, but was way too tired to even roast marshmallows. But the next day, we jumped into the camping experience and hit the beach! I love this series of pictures: This time, Jack was really interested in burying his legs. Grace got in on the action too. I love it when I catch them both smiling! This is his new pose... every time I try to take a picture, this is what I get...
After the beach and a shower, it was time for hanging out at the campsite. Jack is now an expert bicyclist (with training wheels). In this trip, he seriously went from riding for about 50 yards, at a pace that allowed Jeremey, Grace and I to keep up while walking and then asking me to walk his bike - to riding around the entire campground, so quickly that he would stop and wait for us to catch up (without me even asking!). Then we had a lovely campfire and roasted the s'mores! And daddy and Jack were silly... Just in case you were wondering, that sweatshirt was totally unnecessary - it was still hot at night... So already in the trip, Jack has had a few chances to be board and dirty. But here is where I really start to question my children's aptitude for camping. I woke up to this: and it soon turned into begging to go and take a bath (even though, he had just had one at night). Hmm... alright, I guess we'll take a bath and then watch you get dirty... Silly guy. This is another series that I love: This was the main spot that they liked to play... Grandma came on Wednesday and we hit the beach and had another fun day! Grace loves to share her snacks... They smile the same way!!! Sharing with Auntie LeAnn... Grace made it up past dark! There's that pose again... The next morning, we packed up and headed out. Daddy and Grama had to go to work and its really hard to collect three people any time one of them has to go to the bathroom. Plus by this point, all of us were sick. But we did have a great time!

No comments: