Friday, January 14, 2011

New Year's Eve and Daddy's Birthday


On New Year's Eve (which is also Daddy's birthday) we headed over to two papa's house.  The boys played a bit of poker, while the kids, Grandma, Great Grandpa, Kristi, Bryce and I hung out. It was a nice year for me, the kids have no problem sleeping away from home and they're easy to get to sleep. I would have had plenty of time to play poker with the boys if (1.) I wasn't sick and (2.) I wasn't pregnant.  It's a little sad to think that next year, I will be back to struggling to put a baby to sleep in a strange place while his/her daddy and uncles are super loud.  But it's also nice to know that it's a short phase. Here are some pictures from the evening:


It was SO cold, we HAD to have some hot cocoa!

 Grandpa with some of his great-grandkids...
 Great-grandpa and Bryce
 There were more Christmas presents from some of the Lindstedt family that we missed on Christmas Eve...

 Jack got a little bit of training in poker.

 Daddy had angel food cake for his birthday for the first time in all of the years that I have known him (almost 13).

 Happy 2011!

No comments: