Sunday, January 23, 2011

It's a Girl!

I always thought that I'd have a bunch of boys... When I married Jeremey (3 brothers, 1 sister), I really thought that I would have all boys. But when we found out about Grace, I was so happy. I knew she was a girl from the start because I was so emotional. I was that stereotypical pregnant girl - crying at commercials, on daily walks, pretty much all the time. It was ridiculous. But this time around, I haven't cried at all, I'm not the slightest bit emotional at all. So I was sure that this time, it must be a boy. The pregnancy is so similar to when I was pregnant with Jack. Plus, not only did I know that Grace was a girl, but I knew that Jack was a boy too. I was two for two - right on... But not any more...

This baby is already throwing me off. We had the ultrasound last Monday and found out that #3 is a girl! She is the first of our kids that has a DVD of her ultrasound and she is the first one to really give the ultrasound tech a hard time. She doesn't stay still. In the first ultrasound she measured large and they changed my due date. This time she measured small for the new due date and is back on track with the original due date. This girl is crazy. I can't wait to meet her, she's already so interesting. She's keeping us on our toes.

Having another girl is fantastic! She and Grace will be 3 years and 2 months apart and they get to know what it's like to have a sister! Grace is very excited. She rubs my tummy daily and started that way before we told her about the baby. She kisses her sister, sings her songs and pretends to have a baby in her own tummy.  Jack is ecstatic and at the same time overwhelmed with the responsibility involved with having two younger sisters. The first few times he talked about it, he kept smacking his forehead and saying ooohhh... Too cute. I know he's going to be an awesome big brother. He loves all of his friends little brothers, loves baby Reese and he adores his cousin Bryce.

I always thought that the first child is the most anticipated. But this time around, it's not just Jeremey and I that are excited ~ This baby has four people who are anxiously awaiting her arrival and will have four times the love. What a lucky girl!

No comments: