Saturday, August 10, 2013

Grace Turned Five

Grace's fifth birthday started out with a hair cut. Then we went to our regular park day where she played and had a wonderful time.
After that, we quickly picked out a new dress and some other things and headed over to Sharkey's cool cuts for kids. It was time for a day of beauty for her and her friends. They totally surprised her when we walked in the door. Of course, I walked in after her and there aren't any actually pictures of her excitement. She had almost fallen asleep on the way there, but we woke her before she could fall into a deep sleep. She went right into fun mode and had no trouble enjoying herself.
 First, they picked out dresses, then it was time for the hairdo... Here's some of the girls and their dresses.

 Maggie didn't want to be left out.




 Eventually, there was a costume change...


 Then a manicure...




 There were even things for the boys to wear and play with - they were good sports.

 And Maggie's bff was there...
 Now for the most exciting part for the girls - make up!

 Jack was so excited for her, even though he thought it was all ridiculous. ;)

 The finished product:
 The finished product silly style!

 Then there was a fashion show...

Here's the video. BUT, turn down the volume - trust me, you don't want to hear my voice...


 And cupcakes at the park... Check out that make up, ugh!



 I think it was the best day of her life. She was so overwhelmed and excited!

And then in a later conversation I said "I can't believe you're 5."  And she replied "It's really different. (Pouty cry) my feet hurt, and Grandpa didn't even pick me up." Ha! She's so much drama, but I love it. Grace had the never ending birthday (according to Jack) this year, so there are more pictures to come.

No comments: