Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Free? Don't Mind if I Do.

It's not much of a secret that I love free things. With 3 kids (and two extra for the summer), the price of going places and feeding them all sure adds up. So I just thought I'd share some of our free excursions.

Last week, we hit up Chic-fil-A for cow appreciation day. The kids dressed like cows and got free food! I just paid for my lunch and we were all set. I love Chic-fil-a, the food is yummy and there are always fun deals going.  I don't even feel bad when we pay full price because it really is worth it and there's so many times when we don't.
The same day, we turned in our summer reading packets to the library. The kids got to choose their prizes - yay free toys! And we turned in our summer reading packets to Barnes and Nobel, they give the kids a book. Yay free book!

I love days like this because the kids feel like they're getting all kinds of new things and it keeps them from asking for even more things. 

Then, this past Monday, we decided to check out Ikea. What a blast! I think we're going every Monday! There is free breakfast for everyone - no purchase necessary. The kids loved it.




And there's a club, if you join you get a free cup of coffee. But, hold your horses, it gets better than that. There's free babysitting! The kids LOVE to play in Small Land. They all played, while Maggie and I had coffee, she took a nap and I did some shopping. Seriously my new favorite place! They've been begging to go back ever since.

Well cheers to free things!

No comments: