Monday, December 5, 2011

This was a funny story... Jack lost his first tooth back in September. And then, Jack and Grace decided to pretend that Jack was a dog. He put the "leash" (jump rope) in his mouth and Grace tugged on it. I missed that part and all I heard was the screaming. And then I saw the blood. I was trying to make sense of what was going on and his tooth (not the one that he was supposed to loose next) was sticking straight out of his mouth. All the while Grace was screaming "I forgive you, I forgive you" over and over again. We iced it, called the dentist and then called my mom. While I was freaking out, he was calming down and by the time I was done on the phone he asked if he could go to school now. Seriously? His tooth was sticking out of his mouth - he couldn't even close it all the way. But sure, why not? We took him to school, made sure that he knew where the nurse's office is and went on our way. He lost his tooth by lunch (now that's two at school and none for me) and this is what he looked like when I picked him up from school.

Poor kid! He almost had to be a Jack-O-Lantern for Halloween. But the middle one soon fell out - or should I say, I pulled it out. I wasn't going to let him loose another one at school so I yanked it. ;)

No comments: