Sunday, March 21, 2010

Joy School

Joy school, Joy school, Joy school... What can I say? I had the absolute best unit ever at my house! It was titled "the Joy of Spontaneous Delight" but if you ask the kids, our week together was all about being SILLY - and it was a blast! Did your mom ever tell you not to blow bubbles in your milk? Well they got to! It was actually soapy water and they loved trying to make the biggest bubble tower. Gracie didn't really understand, but she thinks that she is in Joy School, so she has to sit at the table. The kids got a surprise snack (gram cracker with a happy face) and it was wrapped in foil. They loved the excitement of a surprise snack. And under the towel is some "silly billy blueberry juice" a.k.a. blue Koolaid. None of these kids had seen blue Koolaid before and they LOVED it! This is my little ham... in the middle of circle time, she tries to steal my thunder. :) She puts on her dress up clothes and models in the middle of Joy School. But that's a whole other post - what am I going to do with this girl? The last part of our morning was spent painting with their toes - they were so delighted. It was just funny to see their faces when I was explaining what they were going to do. They couldn't believe it. We also read "The Monster at the End of This Book." If you haven't read it, you should. It's so fun and silly. The kids had a great time turning the pages. On that Thursday, we started out making flubber! That was really fun and the kids love playing with it. It's a really weird, cool, clammy texture, but they enjoy it. We acted out a silly book and the kids got to pretend to be monkeys and they climbed on my furniture. They also got to open "surprise boxes" were the things inside were just a little bit exciting. Over all it was an awesome week! I'm so glad I got to teach this unit!

No comments: