Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Little Peanut

So far that's what he/she is... Today I had my first ultrasound. It was a vaginal one, I never had one of those with Jack, so it was a new experience. They said that it's too early to determine the sex, so we have to wait for twenty weeks to find out if it's a boy or a girl. As of now, we know it's a healthy, active baby and that he/she is not a twin (thank God)! The baby is also measuring exactly on time, so he/she isn't big yet.

I went to a new doctor. I love the practice - every person that I talked to was wonderful and I really, really liked the doctor. They are going to let me try to deliver vaginally (Jack was a C-section). But it pretty much has to be an absolutely perfect pregnancy and in the end, the ultrasound will have to estimate the baby's weight to be below 9lbs. Given Jeremey's genetics, we have a slim chance. He and all of his brothers were really big babies. Then if I do get to attempt to deliver, I will have monitors inside my uterus and if there is the slightest bit of distress, I will have an immediate c-section.

I'm glad that they are taking our health very seriously and that they are giving me a chance to deliver naturally. It's pretty hard to find a doctor and hospital that will let you attempt a VBAC, so I'm really grateful to find these doctors and that they're nice. We can only wait and see how it all goes... here's the first baby picture!

1 comment:

esselle719 said...

That looks like a girl to me!